jueves, 3 de julio de 2008

Betancourt rescued in Colombia


Dear bloggers, today we are starting a new bloc "news" in Indiscret Thoughts. From time to time I will write news in English in order to improve my writing in that language, I hope you like this idea -specially my friend Steve- .

It´s said that no news is good news .Not hearing about a situation suggests that nothing bad has happened.The earliest version of this familiar saying was attributed to the English King James I, who wrote in 1616, 'No news is better than evil news.'

But unfortunately the evil or bad situations happen, for instance the kidnapping of Ingrid Betancourt. She was kidnapped in February 2002, in the midst of her campaign for president, and became one of the thousands of victims of Colombia’s FARC.


Her father Gabriel Betancourt Mejia, 83 died a month after Ingrid kippnaping, he was former Colombian Minister of Education and had served as Colombian ambassador to UNESCO in Paris.
Fortunately there are not only bad news, but also good news appear from time to time , for instance The liberation of Ingrid. Watch it by courtesy Reuters



1 comentario:

  1. Anónimo2:52 a. m.

    Lloramos todos...
    Un milagro.

    Sabés? la direccion que me dejaste no me conecta a un blog...qué será?
    Enseñale a firmar, así me queda el link...y bienvenida!!!
    Cuál es su nombre???

    Un abrazo!

    ResponderEliminar

no te marches sin opinar